11th Annual Energy from Waste Conference Returns to London, UK in December
SMi is proud to introduce its 11th Annual Energy from Waste Conference, taking place on the 4th – 5th December 2018, with a pre-conference workshop taking place on the 3rd December.
The energy from waste market needs to be constantly adapting and improving to keep in check with new European and UK policies and legislation; and hit their required targets. SMi’s eagerly awaited Energy from Waste conference will bring together international waste management operators, developers, bankers, private equity financiers, technology providers and industrial end users for two days of intensive networking, discussing developments that are needed in technology, financing and infrastructure to ensure the solutions are available to fast track the growth of the industry worldwide.
With a specific focus on how new technology can help EfW projects overcome their challenges and operational problems and an update on where the industry fits within the circular economy. This year’s event will give all attendees a broad, in-depth insight into all aspects of the market, with a consideration on how Brexit will affect exports of RDF. Finally, the conference will also address the fundamental changes to funding associated with energy from waste and how this is impacting the market.
Chairs for 2018:
- Stuart Hayward-Higham, Technical Development Director, Suez Recycling and Recovery
- Kostadin Sirlhestov, Partner, CMS Cameron Mckenna LLP
- Angus Barrett, DEFRA
- Rachel Solomon Williams, Head of Low Carbon Fuels, Department of Transport
- Andy Pike, Director, Cory Environment Ltd.
- Jim Schubert, ISWMS Senior Project Manager, Cayman Islands Government
- Jakub Bator, Member of the Management Board, Waste Thermal Treatment Plant Director, KHK – Municipal Holding Company in Krakow
- Richard Belfield, Head of Project Development, Hitachi Zosen Inova
- Geraint Evans, Bioenergy Programme Manager, ETI
- Doug Simpson, Principal Policy and Programme Officer, Greater London Authority
- Peter Simoes, Strategic Advisor, AEB
Key Highlights this December:
- Explore technological updates for operation optimization
- Discuss financing options available for the EFW market
- Examine the impact of energy regulations and government policy after Brexit from both the UK and EU perspective
- Highlight the experiences from specific Energy from Waste projects in the UK and European market
- Updates on the Circular Economy
- Focus on RDF imports and exports from a UK and EU viewpoint
- BAT / BREF note and impacts
For those looking to attend, there is currently a £400 early-bird saving, ending July 31st.
To register your place or download the brochure, please visit the website at: www.efw-event.com/powpr
SMi presents the 11th annual:
Energy from Waste 2018
Date: 4th – 5th December 2018
Interactive Workshops: 3rd December 2018
Location: Holiday Inn, Kensington Forum, London UK
For all media inquiries contact Pavan Solanki on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6048 / Email: email@example.com
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk